Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.k12.ma.us
Sun Jan 9 16:19:26 UTC 2022

Dear Needham Public Schools Families:

Allow me to share some important updates as we continue to focus on a
healthy learning environment for our students and staff:

*• COVID Updates & Protocols*  New health and safety guidance and protocols
are changing rapidly and will continue to do so over the coming days.
Please review the latest protocol updates here:  COVID Protocol Updates
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NdyqyVm2qpIn6KEN3bBjMpB8XabmKkolkr7uNBiTeiA/edit?usp=sharing>.
I recognize that it is challenging for families to keep up with the pace of
new health guidance and procedures, and it also places an enormous burden
on the entire staff, including our nurses and administrators. We will work
together as one school community - staff, families, and students - to be
responsive, transparent, and proactive around updates and information. Our
efforts will be imperfect but if we exhibit patience, grace, gratitude,
and, every once and awhile, a dose of good humor we will be able to
prioritize the needs of our students. You may view my recent report to the
School Committee here: January 4, 2022 Health & Safety Update to the School
Committee
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JmQ4VHlziLNHFE-fliQIsBcD1TdOagxNYMxL63Idv6s/edit?usp=sharing>

*• Health & Safety Open House* The Joint Committee on Health and Safety
will host a virtual Open House on Tuesday, January 11th for families at
5:00 p.m.  Members of the committee will share some brief information and
then listen to questions and comments.  Here is the link:  Family Health
and Safety Open House
<https://needham-k12-ma-us.zoom.us/j/87524362894?pwd=bUxVZi9wTDdmalZJeERLbXBObzl3Zz09>

*• Superintendent's Blog  *My latest blog post
<http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/> shares information about the FY23
Budget Plan and the upcoming Budget Public Hearing.

Sincerely,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools
Needham Public Schools
1330 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492
781-455-0400 x11203
dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

ATTENTION: If you speak a language other than English, language assistance
services are available to you free of charge. Contact your child’s school
for assistance.

Chinese (Simplified): 请注意:如果您的母语不是英语,我们将免费提供您语言辅助服务。如需协助,请与您孩子 的学校联系。

Spanish: ATENCION: Si usted habla un idioma que no sea el inglés, hay
servicios de asistencia lingüística disponibles gratis. Contacte la escuela
de su hijo para asistencia.

Russian: ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы не говорите на английском языке, для вас
доступны бесплатные языковые сервисы на вашем языке. Обратитесь за помощью
в школу, в которой учится ваш ребенок.