Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.k12.ma.us
Tue Apr 2 18:24:02 UTC 2019

Dear Needham Public Schools Families:

Allow me to share a few updates:

*•  School Committee Open House  *The School Committee will host an
informal Open House on Saturday, April 6th from 9:00 until 10:30 a.m. in
the Pollard Library for parents and members of the community.  Please stop
by to share an idea or ask a question about the Needham Public Schools.
Also, the School Committee is particularly interested to hear feedback
about the Portrait of a Needham Graduate Process
<http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/2018/10/>.  The School Committee
looks forward to seeing you!

*•  Superintendent's Blog*  My recent post provides an update about our
work to implement Full Day Kindergarten in the Needham Public Schools:
 Superintendent's
Blog <http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/>

*• School Bus Transportation *Bus Registration for the 2019-20 school year
is now open. Please be sure to register for a seat on the bus as soon as
possible because seats do fill up!  *While the deadline to register is May
15th, many bus routes fill up well before that date, so please complete
your form early.*  You must register whether or not you are purchasing a
bus pass or are eligible for free transportation.  More information and
forms can be found on the district's website:  NPS Transportation
Information and Forms
<http://www.needham.k12.ma.us/departments/business__operations/transportation/transportation_forms>

*• Election Day April 9th  *Don't forget to vote in Town elections on
Tuesday, April 9th.  Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

*•  Student Accolades  *I recently shared the good news that over 20
Needham students were honored as part of the 2019 Scholastic Art Awards,
but I neglected to mention that several NHS and Pollard students also
received Gold Key, Silver Key, or Honorable Mention honors in the 2019
Scholastic Writing Awards:  Madeline Gerber, Alexandria Hwang, Katie
Johnson, Zachary Lu, Jasmine Cook, and Evie Wiseman. Congratulations to our
students for their scholarship and creativity!

As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments:
781.455.0400, extension 11203 or dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

Respectfully,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools