Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Sat Oct 17 12:14:20 EDT 2015

Dear Needham Families:

Allow me to share the following updates:

*•  School Committee Conversation*  School Committee (SC) Chair Connie Barr
and Vice Chair Sue Neckes will make themselves available prior to next
week's October 2oth SC meeting from 5:30 until 6:30 p.m. for an informal
conversation and dialogue about all things school-related.  Parents, staff,
students, and members of the community are encouraged to come and share
ideas, concerns, suggestions, or just ask a question in an informal setting
about the schools and school programs. The conversation will be held in the
Broadmeadow performance center and is an excellent opportunity to dialogue
to the leaders of your School Committee. All are welcome!

*•  6th Annual High Rock/Pollard Middle School Parent Conference  *The
conference, featuring keynote speaker Robert Brooks, is entitled *Raising
Resilient Adolescents:  Tips and Strategies for the Teenage Years, *and
will be held at High Rock on Saturday, November 21st beginning at 7:30 a.m.
  For more information: Middle School Parent Conference
<http://www.highrockpollardptc.org/index.php?page=calendar&display=652>

*•  Superintendent's Blog*  I try to update my blog monthly.  My recent
posting can be found here: http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/

• * Twitter:  Give it a try! * Setting up and managing a Twitter account is
simple and will allow you a quick, easy, and fun way to stay connected to
school news and events.  Please follow me on Twitter for school updates,
weather-related school cancellations, information, and photos:
https://twitter.com/@NPS_Supt

*•  NHS National Merit Semifinalists  *Finally, congratulations to eight
NHS students who have been identified as National Merit Semifinalists based
on their PSAT scores:  Neel K Das, Samantha Hung, David S Kirk, Elizabeth D
Kulhman, Dianne Lee, Jonathan W Perez-Reyzin, *Benjamin A Sockol, *and Benjamin
P Taussig.  Our students join 16,000 students nationally who have achieved
this recognition from an original pool of over 1.5 million students. Their
achievement is a reflection and celebration of one of the District's core
values, *Scholarship*, and we congratulate them!

Enjoy the fall weather.  As always, you can be in touch with me via phone
(781.455.0400, x203) or email: dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

Sincerely,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools