[Superintendent's Update] Information from the Superintendent

Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Sat May 2 12:56:52 EDT 2015

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Dear Families:

Early this morning Dr. Jonathan Pizzi notified me by email that he had
resigned his position as principal of Needham High School.

On April 29, 2015, following a complaint regarding workplace conduct lodged
against Dr. Pizzi, I placed him on administrative leave pending
investigation of the allegation.

*It is important to note that no students were involved in the allegations.*

Dr. Pizzi had been scheduled to be interviewed this coming Wednesday, May
6, 2015, as part of the District's internal investigation regarding the
allegation.  In investigating the allegation, we worked closely with legal
counsel and appropriate Town officials.

 At this time, on the advice of legal counsel, this remains a confidential
personnel matter and we will not have further immediate factual comment.

For the sake of our students, the primary concern is to cover the
responsibilities of maintaining the day-to-day management of our high
school.   Therefore, Needham High School Assistant Principal Jonathan Bourn
will serve as Acting-Principal and will be supported by the high school
staff and my office.

I want to emphasize that there is nothing more important to me than the
well- being of our students and staff and the families in this community.
To that end, please be assured that the faculty and staff will ensure that
the school day on Monday and throughout the week will continue to run
smoothly and know we will support students and families as necessary.

If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to my office and
not to the staff at Needham High School.  My phone number is 781.455.0400,
x 202 and my email is dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and ongoing support.

Respectfully,

Daniel E. Gutekanst

Superintendent of Schools