Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Mon Mar 11 12:09:21 EDT 2013

Dear Needham Families:

Allow me to share a few brief updates as we begin a new week:

•  School Committee Open House  The School Committee will host an Open
House on Saturday morning, March 30th from 9:00 until 10:30 a.m. in the
Mitchell Elementary School media center.  The purpose of the Open House is
to allow parents and community members to discuss ideas, issues, and
concerns with the School Committee in an informal and conversational
setting.  Parents and community members will also have the opportunity to
see Mitchell, one of two elementary schools in need of significant
renovation.  The School Committee looks forward to seeing you!

•  Superintendent's Blog  I encourage parents to read my most recent
post of the [ http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/ ]Superintendent's
Blog and complete the brief survey included at the end of the blog.
Thanks for taking the time to read, comment if you wish, and complete a
three question survey!

•  School Transportation  2013-14  Within the next few weeks
applications are being delivered to all Needham Public Schools for
students in grades 1-12 offering school bus transportation for the school
year 2013-2014.  Applications will be sent home with your children.
  Please review all the information and return completed applications to
the Transportation Department at 1330 Highland Avenue by May 15, 2013 to
be guaranteed a seat on the bus.  If you do not complete an application,
your child may not have a seat on the bus next year!   Please call the
Transportation Department at 781-455-0400 x234 with your questions.
  Please also visit our web site to check your school and street for
eligibility or to download an application:  [
http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/transportation/
]http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/transportation/

•  Les Mis  For details about this weekend's performance of the Needham
High School musical production of Les Mis click here: [
http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/FPA/NHS%20Musical ]NHS Musical Information

Have a great week.

As always, I can be contacted via email:  dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us
or by phone 781.455.0400, x203.