Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Fri Mar 8 07:21:21 EST 2013

Friday, March 8, 2013
7:20 a.m.

Dear Needham Families:

Weather reports indicate that the snow will taper off later this morning,
so I believe a two-hour delay is appropriate.  The Town's road crews are
out and about and doing a good job and plowing school walking and drive
areas.  The Needham bus drivers are prepared to drive and are confident
about their buses.  Sidewalks may still be covered with snow, so students
need to exercise caution.

Everyone should take time commuting to school.

If you feel the conditions in your neighborhood are unsafe and you would
prefer to keep your child home, please know that, of course, I respect
your decision.

If I feel that the weather conditions will deteriorate further causing us
to cancel school, I will notify parents immediately.

I appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools