Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Fri Dec 21 14:50:19 EST 2012

Dear Needham Families:

Let me take this opportunity to wish you and your families Happy Holidays
and a Happy New Year!  Allow me also to share two items of interest:

•  School Budget Hearing  The School Committee is currently reviewing a
proposed 6.48% increase in the budget for the 2013-14 school year (FY14).
The budget plan addresses growing enrollment at the secondary level by
adding teachers at High Rock, Pollard, and the high school, and the
proposal also provides funding to maintain existing programs throughout
the district.  The School Committee is working closely with the school
administration, Finance Committee, and Town Manager's office to ensure
resources are available to provide a quality educational program for each
Needham student.  However, it will be a challenge to secure all the
resources we require to move school programs forward, especially in a
difficult economic climate.  You may view the plan and additional
information about the budget on our website:
http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/finance/Budget#FY14%20Budget

The School Committee encourages you to attend the upcoming Budget Hearing
scheduled for Tuesday, January 15th at 7:00 p.m. at Broadmeadow to learn
more about the plan and voice your ideas, questions, concerns, and
comments.

•  Superintendent's Blog  My post for December can be found on the
district's website:  http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/

Enjoy the upcoming vacation with your children!

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools

781.455.0400, x203
dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us