Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.k12.ma.us
Mon Feb 7 19:05:07 UTC 2022

Dear Needham Public Schools Families:

Three quick items as we begin the week:

*•  Reminder About School Facilities Master Plan Meeting *
Families and community members are invited to attend a virtual meeting on
Tuesday, February 8th at 7:00 p.m. to learn more about the School
Facilities Master Plan process and to have an opportunity to ask
questions.  The link to the meeting can be found here: School Facilities
Master Planning Meeting for Families/Community on February 8th at 7:00
 p.m.
<https://needham-k12-ma-us.zoom.us/j/82574306436?pwd=eDliclJYVnBwSlpBSjRINzVWTDhpUT09>

I am also attaching the slide presentation that the designers will share at
tomorrow's meeting for you to preview:  February 8th School Staff &
Community Meeting
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BL9f0kaOWzNbCbchKXyYTU9BjgkRL5h4/view?usp=sharing>
hope you can join us to learn more about these important school projects.

*•** School Bus Survey *We are conducting a survey for Needham resident
parents who share legal custody of a child with a parent/guardian within
the eligible bus route for your child's school.  We are trying to determine
if we may be able to offer an expanded service for families in these
specific custodial situations.  If you are a parent who shares custody of a
child with another parent/guardian within Needham and use or might plan to
use bus service within your child's eligible bus route, please complete the
following survey by next Monday, February 14th:  School Bus Survey
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NPS-Bus-Service>  Many thanks.

*• One More Time: Opt in to Receive At Home Tests*  On Friday, February 11th
at 3:00 p.m. we will push out via text and email one last opportunity for
those families who have yet to tell us if they wish to opt in to receiving
rapid test kits for students.  The text and email will come through the
daily Health Attestation app.  *If you have already opted in to the program
or indicated that you do not wish to participate in the program, you will
not receive a text or email.  *For more information about this program and
the symptomatic testing program, please view this presentation:  NPS Family
Testing Information
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NTfYBGjHCINRAZCY1HH5xzp2wXh3H6CuGKsRRxBYO48/edit?usp=sharing>

Respectfully,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools
Needham Public Schools
1330 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492
781-455-0400 x11203
dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

ATTENTION: If you speak a language other than English, language assistance
services are available to you free of charge. Contact your child’s school
for assistance.

Chinese (Simplified): 请注意:如果您的母语不是英语,我们将免费提供您语言辅助服务。如需协助,请与您孩子 的学校联系。

Spanish: ATENCION: Si usted habla un idioma que no sea el inglés, hay
servicios de asistencia lingüística disponibles gratis. Contacte la escuela
de su hijo para asistencia.

Russian: ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы не говорите на английском языке, для вас
доступны бесплатные языковые сервисы на вашем языке. Обратитесь за помощью
в школу, в которой учится ваш ребенок.