[Superintendent's Update] Needham High School Vaccine Clinic May 22nd

Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.k12.ma.us
Thu May 13 23:46:15 UTC 2021

Dear Needham Public Schools Families:

With gratitude to our partners at Waltham-based pharmacy PelMeds
<https://pelmeds.com/>, I am pleased to announce a COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine
clinic
<https://calendly.com/pelmeds1/needham-high-school?month=2021-05&date=2021-05-22>for
all Needham youth and Needham METCO students
<https://calendly.com/pelmeds1/needham-high-school?month=2021-05&date=2021-05-22>
ages
12 and up will be held on Saturday, May 22nd in the Needham High School
cafeteria from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.

A follow up clinic for the second shot will be scheduled at the same
location.

Please sign up here:  COVID-19 Pfizer clinic at Needham High School, May
22nd
<https://calendly.com/pelmeds1/needham-high-school?month=2021-05&date=2021-05-22>
. Consent forms and other information are available when you register.  Should
you have any additional questions, please email PelMeds directly:
info at pelmeds.com

Lastly, let me take this opportunity to reassure families that, despite the
incomplete reports you might read/hear in the media, the NPS will follow
all guidance regarding required vaccinations for school entry.  *I strongly
encourage families to get their children ages 12 and older signed up for
the COVID vaccine, believing it to be a necessary step to keep our students
and staff safe and our schools open. * Of course, parents should always
consult with their child's pediatrician with any questions or concerns.

If the Massachusetts Department of Public Health does require the COVID
vaccine for school entry in the fall, the NPS will absolutely expect that
students will have been vaccinated before they begin classes - except for
those who, according to the current law, have a medical condition or
sincerely held religious belief that would preclude a child from receiving
a vaccine.  I'll provide updates when they become available.

Stay safe and thanks for your partnership as we continue to support the
best students around!

Sincerely,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools
Needham Public Schools
1330 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492
781-455-0400 x11203
dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

ATTENTION: If you speak a language other than English, language assistance
services are available to you free of charge. Contact your child’s school
for assistance.

Chinese (Simplified): 请注意:如果您的母语不是英语,我们将免费提供您语言辅助服务。如需协助,请与您孩子 的学校联系。

Spanish: ATENCION: Si usted habla un idioma que no sea el inglés, hay
servicios de asistencia lingüística disponibles gratis. Contacte la escuela
de su hijo para asistencia.

Russian: ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы не говорите на английском языке, для вас
доступны бесплатные языковые сервисы на вашем языке. Обратитесь за помощью
в школу, в которой учится ваш ребенок.