[Superintendent's Update] School Transportation

Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.k12.ma.us
Tue Jun 9 13:09:49 UTC 2020

Dear Needham Public Schools Families:

(This message is intended for Needham families requiring school bus
transportation for the 2020-21 school year.)

Unfortunately, there are many families who, despite many attempts on their
part, were unable to register for bus transportation over the last day or
so.  I want to first apologize for the inconvenience this has caused our
families and want you to know we can and will do better.  Many families
were able to register but for those who could not, this is what we are
doing:

• We have taken down the online registration process until our vendor
(MySchoolBucks) can sort out some of the technical glitches parents
experienced.  Once we are confident the online process is working to our
satisfaction, we will have it up again and will notify families through
emails and principals' messages.

•  Once up and running, we are extending the deadline to Friday, July 3rd.

•  We will waive the late fee for families that register after the new
deadline, but we can't promise that seats will necessarily be available.

•  In the event that restrictions to bus transportation (e.g., seating
protocols) due to the ongoing COVID-19 health emergency prove untenable for
individual families, we will refund the registration fee prior to the
beginning of school.

I appreciate your patience as we work through our new online process.
Should you have further questions about bus service, please contact
Transportation Director Shane Marchand at shane_marchand at needham.k12.ma.us .

Sincerely,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools
Needham Public Schools
1330 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492
781-455-0400 x11203

ATTENTION: If you speak a language other than English, language assistance
services are available to you free of charge. Contact your child’s school
for assistance.

Chinese (Simplified): 请注意:如果您的母语不是英语,我们将免费提供您语言辅助服务。如需协助,请与您孩子 的学校联系。

Spanish: ATENCION: Si usted habla un idioma que no sea el inglés, hay
servicios de asistencia lingüística disponibles gratis. Contacte la escuela
de su hijo para asistencia.

Russian: ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы не говорите на английском языке, для вас
доступны бесплатные языковые сервисы на вашем языке. Обратитесь за помощью
в школу, в которой учится ваш ребенок.