[Superintendent's Update] Superintendent's Update: Family Survey for School Reopening

Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.k12.ma.us
Tue Jul 14 20:17:04 UTC 2020

Español русский 中文 한국어 Português عربى 日本人 Kreyòl Ayisyen پښتو svenska Tiếng
Việt <https://forms.gle/qcCKJnqpocbWFzmm7>

Dear Needham Public Schools Families:

As our COVID-19 Advisory Committee and staff Task Forces continue planning
for the reopening of school in September, it is critical to understand the
concerns and perspectives of our families. (You may access COVID-19
Advisory Committee presentations here: June Advisory Meeting/Presentation
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/17ILu7IeFM0V8-0qrAi1rPWIRYwhoTdOWE-LLpdttWLE/edit?usp=sharing>
and
July Advisory Meeting/Presentation
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PRCWlSMP2ZoOfsubjyDPUDmXeVBH_twFZxifSZKW5Vo/edit?usp=sharing>
)

We are grateful to the 2,642 families who participated in the District
Survey
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uUKlHCsInYlLKPPUJE8KCGyGqzsO1xfp/view?usp=sharing>administered
in June, which is a 46% participation rate, and we will continue to
incorporate their responses and suggestions into the planning process.

Now we are asking *all* NPS families for specific information so we can
understand how best to support your children and your families.  We need
you to please take a few minutes to complete this survey:  July NPS Family
Survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/July-Family>

I expect to provide additional information about our school reopening plans
in the next few weeks.  Next Thursday, July 23rd at 5:00 p.m. School
Committee Chair Andrea Longo-Carter and I will host a virtual Open House to
share initial planning and ideas and respond to questions and comments.
The link to the Open House will be sent early next week.

Please complete the survey now!  July NPS Family Survey
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/July-Family>

Many thanks for your assistance and support.

Respectfully,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools
Needham Public Schools
1330 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492
781-455-0400 x11203
dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

ATTENTION: If you speak a language other than English, language assistance
services are available to you free of charge. Contact your child’s school
for assistance.

Chinese (Simplified): 请注意:如果您的母语不是英语,我们将免费提供您语言辅助服务。如需协助,请与您孩子 的学校联系。

Spanish: ATENCION: Si usted habla un idioma que no sea el inglés, hay
servicios de asistencia lingüística disponibles gratis. Contacte la escuela
de su hijo para asistencia.

Russian: ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы не говорите на английском языке, для вас
доступны бесплатные языковые сервисы на вашем языке. Обратитесь за помощью
в школу, в которой учится ваш ребенок.