Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.k12.ma.us
Thu Jan 16 13:32:34 UTC 2020

Dear Needham Public Schools Families:

A belated Happy New Year to you and your families!  Allow me to share a few
updates:

•  *2020-21 (FY21) School Budget & Hearing*  The School Committee is
currently reviewing a proposed 6.5%  increase in the budget for the 2020-21
school year (FY21).  *The School Committee will hold a Budget Hearing on
Tuesday, January 21st at Broadmeadow beginning at 7:00 p.m.*  The budget
plan includes resources to address our strategic plan, the Portrait of a
Needham Graduate, and ensure equity and access in our schools.  You can
also review detailed budget information available on the school
department's website: NPS FY21 Budget Documents
<http://www.needham.k12.ma.us/cms/One.aspx?portalId=64513&pageId=926906#F21>
Community members and parents are encouraged to attend and share comments
about the budget plan at next Tuesday's hearing.  Your voice is important
and it matters!

*•  Superintendent's Blog*  My recent post summarizes the school budget
plan and provides additional links to information and resources:  The
FY2020-21 Needham Public Schools Budget Proposal
<http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/>

*•  Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration  *Once again this year the
schools will partner with the Needham Diversity Committee, Needham Clergy
Association, and Needham Human Rights Commission to celebrate the life of
Dr. King.  Please plan on joining us at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, January 20,
2020 at Pollard for reflections, poetry, music, and more.

As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments:
781.455.0400, extension 11203 or dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2020!

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools