Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Sat Jan 13 12:21:58 EST 2018

Dear Needham Public Schools Families:

(A belated) Happy New Year!  Allow me to share a few items as we begin 2018:

•  *School Budget & Public Hearing*  The School Committee is currently
reviewing a proposed 4.59% increase in the budget for the 2018-19 school
year (FY19).  The budget plan maintains services in the schools and
provides the resources required to address enrollment growth and special
education needs.   To view my presentation of the budget to the School
Committee and learn more about the budget planning process:  FY19 Budget
Documents
<http://www.needham.k12.ma.us/cms/One.aspx?portalId=64513&pageId=926906#FY19> .
The School Committee  encourages you to attend the upcoming *Budget Hearing*
 *scheduled at 7:00 p.m. for Tuesday, January 16th* at Broadmeadow to learn
more about the plan and voice your ideas, questions, concerns, and
comments.

*•  Martin Luther King Celebration  *Once again this year the schools will
partner with the Needham Diversity Committee, Needham Clergy Association,
and Needham Human Rights Commission to celebrate the life and meaning of
Dr. King.  Please plan on joining us at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, January 15,
2016 at Needham High School for reflections, poetry, music, and more.

*•  Superintendent's Blog*  My recent post addresses the FY19 Budget
plan:  Superintendent's
Blog <http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/>

As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments:
 781.455.0400, x203 or dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

Best wishes for a healthy and happy 2018!

Dan Gutekanst

Superintendent of Schools