Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Mon May 9 21:11:20 EDT 2016

Dear Needham Families:

I hope you are (finally!) enjoying some spring weather.  By the way...  the
last day of school is a half day on Friday, June 17th.  Allow me to share
important updates and information:

*•  School Transportation 2016-17  *If your child requires bus
transportation next school year, be sure to complete the application by May
15th to be guaranteed a seat on the bus.  *If you do not complete an
application, your child will not have a seat on the bus next year!   This
is the case whether or not you must pay a bus fee. *Please call the
Transportation Department at 781-455-0400 x234 with your questions.  Please
also visit our web site to check your school and street for eligibility or
to download an application: School Transportation
<http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/transportation/>

*•  Full Day Kindergarten Presentation & Public Hearing*  On Tuesday, May
17th at 7 p.m. at Broadmeadow the School Committee will share a
presentation about a possible pathway to Full Day Kindergarten and ask
parents and members of the community to weigh in with comments, questions,
and suggestions.  More information about Full Day Kindergarten can be found
here:  Superintendent's Blog <http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/>
*•  2016 Parent/Staff/Student Survey  *Thanks to 55% - a record number - of
our parents who took the time to complete the 2016 survey.  While we are in
the process of analyzing the data down to the school level, we are prepared
to share the districtwide results with the School Committee at their next
meeting.  Overall, the data reveal a positive story about the Needham
Public Schools and suggest there are several areas to celebrate.  There are
also challenges and areas in which we can grow and improve. Parents may get
a preview by clicking this link:  2016 NPS Survey Results
<http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/superintendent/documents/2016districtsurveyresults.pdf>

As always, please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or
ideas. My email address is dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us and my phone is
781.455.0400, x203.

Sincerely,

Dan Gutekanst