Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Thu Jun 27 15:01:37 EDT 2013

Dear Needham Families:

Allow me to share a couple items with you as the school year concludes:

•  2012-13 Parent/ Staff/ Student Survey  We shared with the School
Committee last week that we have had an unprecedented response to the
spring administration of our survey:  Over 52% of our students' parents
completed the survey and 85% of the staff participated as well.  The
student participation rate was over 70%.  We are just now compiling the
data to share with principals who will, in turn, review the results with
staff and parents in the fall.

Read my latest blog post to learn more about the survey results:
http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/

•  District Goals Report  Last week the School Committee also heard an
update about the progress of the 2012-13 district goals.  Please look
under the News section of the NPS website to view the update and learn
more about the work of teachers, staff, and students:
http://www.needham.k12.ma.us/

Finally, let me take this opportunity to say thank you to our parents,
staff, and our fabulous students for another superb year in the Needham
Public Schools!  As I visit schools and classrooms, I observe enthusiastic
and confident young people who are eager to share their knowledge and help
one another grow and achieve.  It is clear that students and staff embody
the district's core values of Scholarship, Personal Growth, Citizenship,
and Community inside and outside the classroom!

I am honored to serve as your superintendent of schools.

Please use your summer vacation to recharge your batteries and spend time
with good friends and family.

Sincerely,

Dan Gutekanst, Ed.D.
Superintendent