Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Tue Apr 10 15:10:02 EDT 2012

Dear Needham Families:

Allow me to share the following updates with you:

•  World Language Survey  The district is in the midst of a world
language curriculum program review.  As part of that review, we want to
survey parents about their thoughts, perceptions, and ideas around world
language curriculum and instruction in the Needham Public Schools.  I will
appreciate it if you will take a few minutes to complete the survey and
provide much needed feedback.  You can access the survey here:
http://www.elisten.com/web30/surveys/A69C0A3CBAED47178FE9214ECF0FDB97
We will share the results of the survey when we present the final report
to the School Committee next fall.  Many thanks for your assistance.

•  Middle School Community Week  The High Rock and Pollard Middle School
PTC is organizing its first ever Community Week, April 23-28, 2012.
Community Week involves speakers, book discussion groups, and a
presentation of a relevant film. Each night will focus on a different
topic or theme representing the diversity evident in our community with
the goal of making our middle schools more  welcoming and inclusive.  The
week concludes with a “Walk for Respect and Inclusion” at Pollard
Middle School.  You can find more information and program details here:  [
http://pollard.needham.k12.ma.us/main/Community%20Announcements ]Community
Week Information

•  School Transportation  2012-2013  Please return completed bus
applications to the Transportation Department at 1330 Highland Avenue by
May 1, 2012 to be guaranteed a seat on the bus for the 2012-13 school
year.  Applications turned in after May 1st will result in a $50 late
fee.  If you do not receive an application or have any questions, please
call the Transportation Department at 781-455-0400 x234.   Please also
visit our web site to check your school and street for eligibility or to
download an application:  [ http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/transportation/
]http://rwd1.needham.k12.ma.us/transportation/

 •  Superintendent's Blog  You may find my latest posting on the NPS
website: [ http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/
]http://npssuperintendent.blogspot.com/

Finally, the last day of school is scheduled as an early release day for
students on Tuesday, June 19th.  Enjoy the upcoming April vacation with
family and friends!

As always, please contact me with questions, comments, and suggestions. I
can be reached at 781.455.0400, extension 203 or [
mailto:dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us ]dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us

Sincerely,

Daniel E. Gutekanst, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools