Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Sun Oct 30 18:53:22 EDT 2011

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dear Needham Families:

Please allow me to update you on weather-related conditions in the Needham
Schools and community.  As of this evening at 6:45 p.m. two of our
schools, Broadmeadow and Mitchell are without power (although Broadmeadow
is operating some systems on its emergency generator).  Those
neighborhoods are also affected by power outages.  Additionally, some
streets in Town still have a few downed limbs and power lines.

We are still planning to have school as scheduled tomorrow, Monday,
October 31st.  However, if the power does not return to the affected
schools in sufficient time to open the schools safely and with adequate
heat, we will cancel school.

Town public safety officials are working very hard with the utilities to
restore power and ensure we can travel to school safely tomorrow.  In the
event a cancellation is necessary, I will send a message out as soon as I
can through email and phone using our communication system, School
Messenger.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

Travel safely tomorrow,

Dan Gutekanst