Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Wed Feb 2 19:46:56 EST 2011

February 2, 2011
7:45 p.m.

Dear Parents and Guardians:

It is my expectation that the Needham Schools will open on time tomorrow,
Thursday, February 3rd for a full day of classes.  Needham's Pubic Works
crews have been clearing roads and parking lots throughout the day, and
school custodians have also been busy shoveling school entrances, walks,
and, as necessary, roofs.

However, the icy and snowy conditions will mean another challenging
commute to school for the next day or so, and I am encouraging parents and
students to plan accordingly as you head off to school and leave in the
afternoon for home.  Road and sidewalk conditions may vary depending on
your neighborhood, and it will be important for students walking to school
to be cautious as they navigate snow banks and narrow street crossings.

Many thanks for your patience and good spirit as we contend with another
New England winter.

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools