Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Thu Nov 4 13:16:26 EST 2010

Dear Parents and Guardians:

A few updates to conclude the week:

•  Bullying Forum  The Anti-Bullying Steering Committee will hold a
community forum on Monday, November 15 from 7:00-8:30 pm at Broadmeadow
School in the Performance Center.  Parents, high school and middle school
students, and community members are invited to attend in order to provide
input as the school district formulates its state-mandated bullying
prevention and intervention plan.  We welcome your comments as we
construct a meaningful plan for our district.

•  New Emergency Communication System  The school department will soon
deploy an emergency notification system that will allow us to phone and
email parents about school emergencies and weather-related school
closures.  Please make sure you have updated contact information in [
https://powerschool.needham.k12.ma.us/public/ ]Power School to ensure we
have the most updated information for your student and family.  I will
send out a test voicemail and email within the next week to ensure we have
the system up and running.

•  School Committee Open House  This Saturday, November 6th the Needham
School Committee will hold its fall Open House, this year at Newman during
the annual  [
http://www.clubrunner.ca/CPrg/home/eventitem.asp?cid=3694&iid=108564&rtp=/CPrg/home/homeE.asp
]Needham Rotary Club Pancake Scholarship Breakfast  in the cafeteria.  The
Open House will be held from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. and provides an
informal opportunity for the School Committee to hear from parents and
community members.  Grab a stack of pancakes and stop by to say hello to
your School Committee, ask a question, or make a suggestion.  They are
eager to meet you!

As always, please contact me at 781.455.0400, x 203 or [
mailto:dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us ]dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us if
you have a comment, question, or concern.

Thanks,

Dan Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools