Needham Public Schools Superintendent's Update superintendents_update at lists.needham.mec.edu
Mon Apr 9 07:41:37 EDT 2007

Dear Parents and Guardians:

I hope those families celebrating Passover and Easter enjoyed peaceful
holidays this past week.  Please allow me to update you on a few items:

•  When I arrived in Needham this past summer I presented the School
Committee with my plan for getting to know both the Needham Public Schools
and the Needham community.  I promised them at the time a report about
what I learn about the system and to share ideas about areas for growth
and improvement. I shared my update to the School Committee at their last
meeting and have subsequently posted this report on the Needham Public
Schools website in the News section: http://www.needham.k12.ma.us/

I am hopeful parents and community members will access the report, review
it, and share your ideas and comments with me.  It is my expectation that
the report will be a good first step toward identifying appropriate next
steps and goals for the Needham Public Schools.  I welcome your feedback.

•  Please tune into the Needham Channel beginning April 12th for the
newest broadcast of "Needham Schools Spotlight" and watch a program about
student leadership and initiative within the Needham Public Schools.  Nine
terrific young people representing the elementary, middle, and high school
levels joined me for a discussion about student leadership inside and
outside the classroom and why it is so important.

Please go to the Needham Channel's website for specific broadcast times
and information:  http://greisnet.com/tnc.nsf/Page%202!OpenPage

•  Tomorrow, Tuesday, April 10th, is Election Day in Needham.  Remember to
vote!

As always, contact me at dan_gutekanst at needham.k12.ma.us or 781.455.0400,
extension 203 if you have a question or comment.

Sincerely,

Daniel Gutekanst
Superintendent of Schools